The car theory is formulated and geared towards the CBR exam requirements. To give you an idea, the precise CBR requirements and categories from which the CBR formulates its exams are given below.
The theory exam section contains a total of forty questions, thirty about traffic regulations and ten about traffic insight. You need to have 35 of these forty correct. In this section you may thus answer five questions incorrectly. For hazard recognition you have 25 questions of which you must answer 13 or more correctly. This means you may answer twelve questions incorrectly.
You can take your theory exam from 16 years. You can take driving lessons from age 16 and a half. And you can take your practical exam from your 17th birthday. Nothing special so far. But what if you pass before you are 18? You can already start driving, but until your 18th birthday, you’ll need to have a coach next to you. Such as your father or mother but you will need a coach ID for this.
CBR theory test categories.
- General provisions traffic legislation
- Provisions driving qualifications and driving licenses
- Equipment, loading and towing of vehicles
- Mechanics, maintenance and checking of vehicles
- Use of seatbelts and the passenger seat
- Environmentally-aware and energy-efficient driving
- The condition of the driver
- The features and condition of the vehicle
- The presence and behaviour of other traffic
- The road, visibility and weather conditions
- Actions in the event of accidents and breakdowns en route
- Giving way at junctions
- Giving way when turning
- Giving way to people with disabilities and pedestrians
- Police, ambulance, fire service, military convoys and trams
- Special manoeuvres
- Position on the road and getting in lane
- Stopping and parking
- Symbols, signs and hazard triangle
- Use of lights
- Traffic signs
- Traffic lights and indications
- Traffic symbols on the road